Thursday, April 1, 2010

What color is your egg?

We had such a busy day today packed with so much fun. The kids were off school for Holy Thursday, so we headed to my Mom's house to play and dye Easter eggs with Izzy. I was so pleased that Jake didn't resort to egg throwing this year. He was actually really into the whole process. What a difference a year makes! The kids worked on their eggs and then spent a lot of time riding bikes on Mom and Dad's back driveway. We then piled into our cars and headed to Kohl's with Mama, Mimi, and Izzy. We didn't head back home until 4:30, and I really didn't think I would be able to keep Jake awake in the car. I pulled out all the tricks. I let him have a sucker, had the dvd player going with his favorite Barney movie, and then open and closed windows so the air would blow on him. I was desperate. A nap at that time of the day would mean he would be up until late in the evening.

We made it home, and I was amazed that he still had enough energy to ask to play outside. A bunch of kids were out in the court around the corner from our house, so we joined them for an hour. Dan picked up dinner for us. We were eating without Kate who spent the evening with Richie at his house. Jake ate really well, took a bath, and then proceeded to run laps up and down the upstairs hallway. I have no idea where this child gets all this energy. He was on the go all day and in the sun...and no nap. We got him in bed at 8:30, and he should sleep until at least 7:30 tomorrow morning.

I'm waiting up for Kate as I type this. I just can't fall asleep until she's home. She thinks it's unreasonable that she has any kind of curfew at 18 years old. It's an on-going discussion/argument around here.

I got a cute invitation in the mail for my niece's First Communion. It served as a reminder that we must pick a date for Kate's graduation party. We can't seem to agree on that either. Tomorrow is the day. We must pick a date and decide what to serve. I didn't use to be a procrastinator...is age or Jake the cause? A little of both?

Here are some pictures from the egg dyeing. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great day, Ang. Your pics are adorable! I don't blame you for not being able to sleep until Kate gets home...I wouldn't be able to do it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time. Love that you guys do things together as a family.

    Looks like keeping Jake up is working! Where do they get that energy? We big people will never know.

    It has been proven that teenagers's brains are not fully developed. Explains their belief system. Doesn't make it better but at least it sense. They say it gets better around the agef of 2w or 23. Hold on for a few more...

    ReplyDelete