It's all about playing...especially when the weather is this gorgeous in April! It's been warm and sunny, and we just want to be outside. The days just fly when we are. In fact, Jake even asked to eat dinner out on the deck last night. I thought it was a great idea. We were grilling burgers...his favorite. Unfortunately the novelty of eating outside served as a big distraction. There was very little eating going on.
We happened to be riding bikes in the court yesterday when a neighborhood boy came out to shoot baskets. Jake immediately got off his bike and grabbed an extra basketball. In the court there are ALWAYS extra basketballs. Jake joined him at the basket and played just like a big boy. He took shot after shot lofting the ball as high as he could and chasing it when it got away. Not once did he ask me to chase the ball for him. How is it possible that he could look so tiny and yet so grown up all at the same time?
I didn't have my camera with me, but fortunately I had my iPhone.
We've also spent a lot of time playing with cousins this week. We spent Tuesday with Izzy and today with George and Sam at their house. Here are a few of my favorite shots of the action.
The hair blowing in the wind just cracks me up in this shot!
Jake is just so funny. He absolutely loves being on the go, so he is loving all the cousin play dates this week. When we were leaving George and Sam's house today, he asked me if we could go somewhere else next. I can't keep up with this boy! All of this is going on without naps now, too.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









That smile on his face says it all. Seems to me that boys, more so than girls, need to be out and about. The weather here yesterday was better and when I called Brandi after school, I could hear the boys in the backyard with an occasional little girl voice. The pictures are adorable, Jake look so happy...and that hair is too cute. Enjoy and eat your Wheaties!
ReplyDeleteSuch darling pics, Ang. That last one of him in the jeep with his hair blowing is priceless. How darling!
ReplyDelete