I took Jake to the mall today for new tennis shoes and a new polo for Easter. I decided to take a spin through Kate's favorite department to see if anything caught my eye. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. I was just busy looking at dresses. I accidentally ran Jake's stroller into a dress rack. He says to me, "You are drivin' crazy!" Something tells me this won't be the last time those words come out of his mouth.
We saw the Easter bunny. Jake was more than willing to sit on his lap. We couldn't get a picture taken because the sun was streaming in through the skylights at the mall and hitting the exact spot where the bunny was sitting. The pictures they were taking were all blown out. I pulled out my iPhone just to try to get something and got reprimanded instead. Give me a break! If you can't supply a picture I can pay for, don't give me trouble about pulling out my own camera. I kept snapping away while having this discussion with the lady in charge.
It is 85 degrees here today and gorgeous. Jake and I spent a lot of time outside after the mall. I'm trying to wear him out. I'm going to wear him out and then not let him nap...nice, huh? He's been taking a 2 hour nap and then not going down until after 10 at night. I have to have some time to myself in the evenings! He didn't have a nap on Sunday and went down at 8:30...more like it. So...that's the plan...no nap and early bedtime. Dinner should be really interesting. I'm planning on cooking, and Jake will probably be melting down. I'm just preparing myself ahead of time for the inevitable.
When the weather starts to get warm, Kate pulls out the summer clothes. She is definitely a person who prefers warm weather. I was able to convince her to pose for a shot.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I, too, have been reprimanded by the mall photo police. I guess they think paying $50 for pictures with the Easter Bunny is true value.
ReplyDeleteI knew that boy was smart. Think of the discipline you will get as he gets older - never mind, you already have a teenager!
Beautiful shot of Kate! Take them while you can. Sounds like a lovely day. Heard there is snow about 1/2 away. Needing some sun right about now.