I can't believe it's mid-April, and Jake and I are already looking tanned! We spent most of Saturday and Sunday outside doing yard work, filling the sandbox with fresh sand, and celebrating Spring! This is the way Jake likes to do it.
Our days were filled with sun and fun, and our evenings were just as busy. We celebrated with Richie's family Saturday night. It was his birthday and his sister's First Communion. Sunday night I took a photography class offered by our birth photographer. It was a class on building your business. We did a practice photo shoot with models, did some editing, and got lots of great tips from Kelly. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the shoot.
I think I did pretty well considering I was standing there with 9 other photographers trying to get my shot. I obviously couldn't frame them exactly the way I wanted to. I was certain I would leave there wanting a bunch of expensive lenses, but I was happy to find out that Kelly's favorite lens is one I already own...the 50mm 1.4.
I actually filled the little pool for Jake today. It was 86 degrees. Our neighbor came over with her two kids, and we spent the entire afternoon outside. Jake went back out after dinner to ride his bike. I don't know where he gets his energy. All of this goes on without a nap, too. I did tell my neighbor that if this warm weather continues, we'll be burnt out on it by July.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




When it rains, it puors is our theme. Raining so hard today that I was soaking wet before 10AM.
ReplyDeleteThe class looks like so much fun - having live cooperative models had to be like heaven. Before we got kicked out, put Miss M in the window with the other mannequins and got a few shots.It was her birthday - all is fair outside of the store!
Love watching you grow and change with your photography. What a great thing!
I am SO thrilled you went to that class Ang and the shots you got are great!
ReplyDeleteIsn't good weather intoxicating? Glad you and J are enjoying!
Your photos are gorgeous, Ang...can't wait to get some tips from you, girl.
ReplyDeleteThis weather is awesome...I've been planting flowers...I love it! I love the shot of Dan and Jake getting ice cream from the ice cream man....priceless.