Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Just Soap and Water.

The title above is what my son says to convince himself that the car wash is not a scary place. We took the kids to dinner on Thursday since Friday was senior skip day. After dinner Dan decided to get my car filled, and Jake requested a trip through the car wash. We thought that was huge progress. We let Jake get out of his car seat when we were entering the car wash; and, as soon as it got loud, he was right in his sister's arms. All I had was the iPhone, so that explains the bad picture quality.
You just know that his sister was loving every minute of this!

We actually had a terrible night with Jake last night. He was wide awake from 2:30-5:15 am. Dan and I are convinced it's the weather. Ever since Jake was a newborn, he seems to react to pressure changes. We had a front moving in last night that would cool down these unusually warm April temperatures and bring rain. Who knows if that had anything to do with it, but Jake has had nights like this before. It's just so strange.

Today was a long day because I was so tired. Now I'm waiting up for Kate. It's prom night tonight, so it could be a very late one. I'm editing the pictures I took before the kids left for prom. We stopped at Richard's house for pictures and then headed to another house for group shots. I was so angry with myself. I forgot my external flash, so that meant that any flash shots would have shadows. I have to just start carrying my larger camera bag and all my gear with me. Here are a few shots I took tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. What is it about the carwash? Miss M still wants us to go before we come get her. Jake is so smart, I will pass on his wisdom to her.

    Love the prom pics! Love, love the one of Kate and Richie. Oh, the look on her face. What a capture. Great work my friend. Hope she had a wonderful time.

    Hope for more sleep time today for you. Enjoy it while you are young...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Kate she looked so pretty...I'm sure they had so much fun. Adorable pics of Kate and Jake in the car...too cute.

    ReplyDelete