Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another first...

I took Jake to the library yesterday. I was embarrassed to hand my card to the librarian for renewal. The card said renew in 2006. Wow. Where have I been?  This was Jake's first visit. Jake will only listen to a story when he is in bed and ready to fall asleep. He has to be exhausted. We usually read two stories...he chooses from the same 4 every night. He has so many books that we haven't touched. I never saw the need to take him to the library.

While I handled the card renewal, Jake checked out the copy machine. Of course, he found money underneath it. The boy finds money everywhere! This time it was a nickel and a penny.

I took him into the children's area, and I think he was a bit overwhelmed by the selection. We managed to find 10 books in about 10 minutes. Then he started rolling around on the floor, and I knew our visit was over.


We've read two of the 10. We'll see how it goes.

Today was still unbelievably warm for January. We had some extra time between appointments, so I took Izzy and Jake to the park. I don't think I've ever visited a park in January.

1 comment:

  1. I had fun catching up on your blog over lunch today Angie :) Looks like you guys have been very busy doing lots of fun stuff! We haven't been to the library in a long time either - soooo many books already at home. But Graham LOVES his library card and is very proud to have one :)

    ReplyDelete