Friday, January 6, 2012

Fun day...

Jake had TONS of fun today. The plan was to head to the zoo, but we never made it there. The weather was incredible. I can't even believe it's January. It was 70 degrees. I actually painted my toenails which I never do in January!

Jake started out in the shower. He had a big allergy attack when he woke up. That's the big problem with this weather for us. Jake hasn't really had a break from his fall allergies yet. Normally he doesn't even need a antihistamine in the winter months. After giving him his antihistamine and a decongestant, I suggested he get in a warm shower to help clear out his head.  I made it fun by letting him take in a can of Dan's shaving cream.


The shower helped quite a bit. Despite the allergies, I can't keep this boy inside on such a beautiful day! Our neighbors were outside playing, so we joined them. I got a call from another neighbor and asked her to join us. Pretty soon we had 6 little boys running around having fun. We let them play for a couple of hours. Jake and I then headed home for lunch.

After lunch I promised him that we would make our own snow, since we've hardly had any here this winter. I saw a recipe on pinterest.com for playdough. The suggestion was to then add silver glitter for snow. Unfortunately I didn't have white food coloring, so my snow is a little yellow. Jake didn't care, he had lots of fun with it.








After playdough time, Jake spent another hour or so in our backyard digging in the rocks and dirt. I would say it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment