I was doing dinner dishes. They were watching Billy Joel videos on tivo youtube. I loved my view.
Last night Dan, Kathy, and the boys came over to hang out and watch football. Kate did a great job of keeping the boys occupied in the basement with the xbox. We appreciated the break. The boys played for 4 hours without a single conflict!!
Jake piled all of his cozies on our bed today and asked me to take some pictures. Those are my favorite requests!
I am thrilled that his favorite cozy is the one my Mama made for my children. She made a blanket for each of her grandchildren to use with their children. When I had Kate, I got to pick a blanket. The one pictured above was my favorite. Kate never really used it. It was stored in the closet. I certainly didn't imagine that I would ever have a little boy...or that he would choose this one as his cozy! He even asked me to print a picture of my Mama who made his cozy. I did...and framed it for his room. It isn't the greatest picture of Papa because he isn't smiling, but Mama looks so beautiful!
I SO wish we had pictures of Mama working on each of the blankets or a shot of her holding each finished blanket. Darn! Why didn't we think of that? That is exactly why I am taking pictures every single day and working on Project Life. I don't want to miss those important moments. I hope my grandchildren and great grandchildren will enjoy looking at them someday.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







All I can say is priceless....precious memories!!!
ReplyDeleteKathy
Thanks, Kath!
ReplyDeleteYour mom made that? WOWW....she's so talented!
ReplyDelete