Saturday, January 21, 2012

Planning...

I saw a Valentine theme studio set up that I just loved. Check out Chubby Cheek Photography in Houston, if you get a chance. There's a ton of inspiration on that site!

Chubby Cheek

While making some purchases for the studio at Michael's, I noticed these amazing gumballs. The colors made me absolutely giddy!


I don't own that backdrop behind the gumballs. That is actually just 12x12 scrapbook paper. It would make a super cute backdrop!  I had Jake pose in the Valentine's studio, but it just wasn't working for me. It's a lot of ribbon, pink, and silver. A boy in an orange shirt just doesn't cut it. My friend, Donna, brought Jake's girlfriend, Jenna, over today to be my model. I can't wait to get to work on those shots this week. It seems too late to start them now, and I'm making blogging a priority this year. Tomorrow is a busy day with Em, Eric, and Izzy's maternity session plus one more darling little Valentine model. So I will hit the editing hard tomorrow night and this week.

Today we took Jake to his first concert at the Fox. He loves the Beatles, and we were pretty sure he would love to see Rain (the Beatles tribute). I expected some problems keeping him seated, but I was wrong. He was awesome.



I only had my iPhone. I thought about sneaking a camera in but decided against it.

Jake started to get tired near the end and actually fell asleep in my lap. I sat there holding him and wondering if this might be the last time he does that. I enjoyed it. I should have asked Kate to get a shot of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I wasn't aware of a girlfriend...te he he...but I can see why, they must all fall at his feet! I know that face makes me melt!

    ReplyDelete