Yesterday it was beautiful and warm enough to play outside. Jake was off school for Martin Luther King Day. I had a shoot in the morning, and we decided to head to my mom's in the afternoon to ride bikes with Izzy.
Jake is showing off the penny he found in Mom and Dad's court. The boy finds money everywhere. Its the craziest thing!
Little did we know when we went to bed just what the night would bring! Jake called out for the first time at around 1:30. He woke me out of a deep sleep. It was storming, and I hadn't realized it yet. We brought him in bed with us, and I noticed that he was very warm. This guy is always warm. I was so hot when I was pregnant with him. I've never experienced anything like that. I couldn't even stand to blow my hair dry and mostly just wore it in a ponytail so I wouldn't have to! Whenever he climbs in bed with us, I expect the warmth. This was different. He was hot. I took him into the bathroom to take his temperature. I only got 99.8 under his arm which surprised me. I thought it would be much higher. I gave him some Tylenol and brought him back to bed with us. The storm was unbelievable. The wind was so strong, and the hail was so loud. It was pretty scary. It seemed to slow down and we were almost back to sleep when the tornado sirens started to blare. We have a new siren much closer to our house than the old one. Wow..it's loud. It sounded like it was in our backyard. We quickly turned on the tv and determined that the danger was past us and pretty far to our south. We didn't head downstairs this time. Jake was finally able to fall asleep, and we moved him back to his bed thinking the storm was over. I think we slept another hour before storm number 2 hit. Jake woke up immediately and came right back in with us. I think a total of 2 1/2 hours of our sleep was disrupted. Fortunately Jake slept in until around 9, so I was able to get some extra rest.
We came downstairs and I made the call to school reporting his absence. Dan got Jake set up on the couch with his pillow and cozies. He was pretty uncomfortable and running the low grade temp again. He also complained about body aches.
He stayed on the couch for two hours...a new record for him. For a boy who is always in motion, this is highly unusual.
Kate got home from her first class of the new semester and watched him while I showered. He came upstairs to tell me that his legs were hurting. He climbed in my bed and fell asleep. I don't think he's napped since he was 2. He slept for 2 hours!
I was so relieved when he woke up and asked to play with playdoh. That was definitely a step in the right direction. He spent the afternoon off and on the couch. Sissy came home from her second class with a surprise for him...a McFlurry from McDonald's. He ate just a bit since he really hasn't had an appetite.
We'll see what the night brings. My fingers are crossed that he'll sleep through. At least we aren't expecting more storms!
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









I hope he did better last night, Ang...poor baby! Those storms were crazy the other night. I think we all walked around like zombies yesterday! Let me know how Jake is feeling.
ReplyDeleteKathy
P.S. That proof book is DARLING...we love it!!!
Jake is fine today! Crazy! He even went to school.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you love the book!