I've also been busy dealing with Jake's allergies. I took him to the doctor last week to confirm that the symptoms he's having are allergic and not something else. He's trying Allegra, is on a nasal spray, and today we added Singulair, too. He's been coughing in his sleep. Dan and I are awake off and on throughout the night listening to it and checking on him. The doctor wants me to take him to an allergist. Believe me...I'm not opposed. Kate and I have been seeing one for years. I feel like I've been receiving allergy shots for most of my life. The problem is that I know the drill. The doctor will want him off antihistamines for a week so they can test him. No way. Not now. Also, unlike the ladies in the family, Jake's symptoms are seasonal...fall and spring. At this point I don't think I would agree to shots all year long. My fingers are crossed that we get some sleep tonight. I'm hoping the Singulair will do for him what it's done for me.
I have some Jake funnies to share, too. Jake tells us very little about his school day. He's there from 9 until 2:30 three days a week, and we hear next to nothing. The only reports we get are who has cried and who got hurt. That's it. Over each weekend, his teacher sends pictures taken the classroom from the week before. We point to various kids and ask about them. Jake can't even tell us their names! I wonder what in the world he is doing all day...obviously not paying attention!
Jake's been obsessed with light sticks lately. I have no idea how it started. We may have bought a few at various times, and grandma introduced him to the light up necklaces. I don't know. The obsession has grown. He asks for light sticks every single day. I grabbed a bunch at Walmart for $1. It's a cheap babysitter.
The whoopie cushion in the bottom shot is the other obsession. He uses it to blow toys across the table. It's pretty hilarious and a great way to occupy him. I wish he would spend this much time and concentrate this much on reading books like his sister use to do. I know...don't compare. He's a boy.
Last year he didn't choose to do much art work at school. This year he is very proud to bring a picture home for me.
On Saturday I took him to the fall festival at my high school. There was a bouncer. There was candy. Jake was in heaven.
On Sunday I got this text during Church.
I must admit that I was a little insulted that she asked! This is her home. She never has to ask to come for a visit. In fact, I can't wait to be surprised by a visit. It was nice having her here for a few hours. She played with her brother, studied, and had dinner with us before returning to school.
I've been working on a home studio for the winter. I've had a few clients inquire about winter shoots, so I decided to take the plunge. I have only purchased one softbox at this point and will be purchasing another and a reflector very soon. I tested out the new set up with Izzy today.
I was very brave today. I allowed not one...count them...but TWO children to play with play-doh in my kitchen. I don't know what has gotten into me!
Keep your fingers crossed that we have a quiet night.











LOL...laughing at your "bravery"!!
ReplyDeleteLove the lightstick shots and J's art work.
Did you hear about the allergy drops instead of shots? I'm looking into it..sounds much better for kids...or adults..who wants a shot?
How did the night go?
ReplyDeleteI hope Jake slept last night, Ang.
ReplyDeleteRemember when Kate wasn't coming home until Thanksgiving (ha)...love how things have changed!
Love Kate's text - a most scrapable Moment.
ReplyDeleteHope the allegeries get better. Have been miserable myself, can't imagine how Jake feels with having to go to school and remember stuff.
Hope you guys get some rest and love on that girl! XOXO
read something recently about allergies and coughing. instead of a cough medicine, you should take a spoonful of LOCAL honey. theory is that honey is a better cough suppressant and by taking LOCAL honey, you actually start to build up immunity to local pollen which will help with allergies over time.
ReplyDeleteplus it tastes good! hope your nights get better. i'd wait until after the first frost before taking him in for allergy testing too.
That's a new whoopie cushion, right? I thought you would get him one to replace the Chicago one when you got home. I would have done the same thing. Hope you are sleeping - I'm not.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics, Ang! I bet it's nice to have Kate close enough that she can come home when she wants to :)
ReplyDeleteLove that picture of Izzy! So sweet!!