We went to Jake's Open House last week for preschool. As soon as I walked in his classroom door, I cornered the teacher and explained a few things about Jake. I was explaining potty habits and the fact that he tends to come out of the bathroom naked. I wanted to prepare her. I've been working on him to lower his pants instead of taking them all the way off, but I'm not having much success. Then I proceeded to corner the Friday enrichment teachers and give them the low down. I can only imagine what they are all saying about me now. I'm sure they think this kid is an only child. Seriously. Any other mother would surely have chilled out by the time the second one rolled around. Not Ang! I'm still micromanaging. Who cares. I waited a long time for this little man. They are going to have to listen to what I have to say about him!
He had a great time at the Open House. He really seemed to enjoy his classroom.
His favorite area was the science area. They have tons of bugs that are individually displayed in sealed containers. Later he told me he wanted to go back to play with the animals sometime.
Kate linked me to this picture on Facebook. I loved it! I loved that she would take the time to do it! I love that big smile!
She's home today just for one night. We are taking her to her favorite restaurant for dinner.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Love the picture and the girl. Today, I was watching some old home videos and saw her at age 4. That precious girl is now a freshman at Wash U and still precious to me. Now I get to watch my precious Jake grow up.
ReplyDeleteJake looks like he enjoyed his visiting day.
ReplyDeleteI saw that picture of Kate on Facebook, and thought it was the sweetest thing...she looks so happy too. You got top billing there too, Mom....I loved it for you!!!!!!!
Bianca and I are melting over K's sweet sign and that she did that. B is saying K looks like you. So sweet and the chillometer is going wild even though I'm boiling hot!
ReplyDeleteLove that you micromanage....great minds think alike!!! Lucky J to have Mom caring so much.
love your sweet photos of Jake!! he is just the sweetest thing and I think you should micromanage him for as long as he will let you...
ReplyDeleteand Kate - how sweet mama! I have been thinking about you. you sure can tell she is happy to start this chapter in her life.