I'm finishing up my last Chicago photo shoot and promise some pictures of two adorable little boys...coming soon!
What can I tell you about the trip? Em and I tried to keep our sense of humor, and my mom was great at keeping things in perspective. We planned to start on the road in the afternoon figuring the kids would sleep for at least of couple of hours. In fact, I worried that Jake would sleep too long and never go down on Friday night. No worries. NO sleeping. Well...I should say that Izzy slept for a total of about 20 minutes until Jake woke her up. That Jake...he's something. My mom saw a side of him last weekend that she had never seen before. She believed he was a perfect little angel who always did what he was told to do. Now she knows the truth! Let's just say that Jake is a very noisy boy who does not always do what he is told to do.
The kids had lots of fun. We had lots of laughs. It was really a great trip, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat...as long as I have plenty of this...
And this...
It was my first time. It was a bit overwhelming, but I can't wait to go back. Oh, IKEA, please come to St. Louis!
And I would like more of this...
Mom and the kids drove home surrounded by our purchases.
I'll take more of this, too...
...and more silliness...
And I'll want just a little more of this...
I promise...it was just one bottle, and I don't think we even finished it.
I'll take more of this...a little boy willing to get into the water...
Next time I would like my sister to not say something funny or even look at me when I have soda in my mouth while in my car. Enough said...no picture needed. You can imagine it. The funniest part was that I opened the door to spit it out since we were parked and still managed to make a complete mess.
Also...for next time...I would prefer fewer whoopee cushions.
Love you all. Thanks for a great weekend!
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Crack me up...the visual of you spitting out the car door is priceless, girl! I love all the purchases...can't wait to see what you bought. I LOVE IKEA too...so wish we would get one here...they have some cool pieces for reasonable prices! So glad you had a fun trip, sweetie.
ReplyDeleteI love Ikea!! my husband hates it - feels like were a heard being ushered through!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are great memories of all the fun we had. We sure didn't waste a minute of our trip - we went from one fun thing to another. Thanks, girls, for including me.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, my Jake is still my angel.
ReplyDeleteYou and your mom and Em are all so beautiful and ALL have such radiant skin!!!!!!
ReplyDelete