Monday, July 19, 2010

Parasailing

Kate has asked to parasail for years. She couldn't get Dan or me to agree to do it with her, and she had to be 18 to do it alone. Well...18 was finally here. She didn't hesitate for a minute. In fact, she paid extra to go up as high as possible. She loved every minute and talked about how she could see the entire island. I'm very tempted to go up with her next summer.  I was kicking myself for not bringing my biggest zoom lens.
Now...a Jake funny from today...

Kate decided to start doing her own laundry today. She is moving out and into a dorm in a few weeks and knew it was time she learned how. When the washer buzzer went off, Jake told his sister that it was time to switch her laundry into the dryer AND told her that he would show her how. I am still laughing...hours later.

5 comments:

  1. another giggle from me too!!
    great shots and I'm loving your rules...'no parasailing until you are 18!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave girl! Tells you a lot about her character... and you would do it too? Girls of a feather...Glad you have Jake for so many reasons, never thought that laundry would be one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE to go next year, Ang...you will LOVE it! Tell Kate congrats...she is so brave to go by herself. She amazes me! Jake is going to make a woman very happy one day...you are raising a precious, little man, Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate looks like her Mom in the last picture (closeup of her). Sooooooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate is so brave ...wish I had a bit of that courage!

    J is hilarious...and so smart! Too bad he couldn't go with K to help her out!!!

    ReplyDelete