I spent the day at the zoo with my guys. Believe it or not, I didn't take my camera. I decided this was a day to focus on Jake while not working on focus on Jake! There were a few times when I wanted to kick myself but just a few. This was the first time we can actually say that Jake totally got it. He knew where we were. He knew what he wanted to see. He didn't care if we had to wait in line for the penguin house or wait for the sea lion show to start. He was patient and just wanted MORE animals. He loved the monkey house and the reptile house. He bought 2 snakes at the gift shop. (We buy 2 of almost everything. He always has to have one for Izzy.) We stayed at the zoo for 4 hours. That has to be some kind of record for us. After the zoo we made an ice cream stop. We let Jake sit in the back of the car to eat. He thought that was the coolest thing ever and asked if he could do it again sometime. I did get some shots of that on my iPhone.
The news from Kate is that, after a accidentally canceled reservation and a flight delay, they made it to NC. It's going to feel strange not having her around all week. I guess I'm getting a taste of what it will be like when she moves out for college soon.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



A true gentleman takes care of his cousin - how sweet is that albeit expensive for you.
ReplyDeleteHear you about the camera - had a great day shooting at the parade and just taking it easy because Grandma Sue wants pictures taken tomorrow at the family picnic...
Soon the new Wagner normal will change, maybe this is good practive. Happy 4th, my friend...
What a cute story, Ang. I'm sure Kate will have a wonderful trip...the new normal will be coming too soon, girl. Happy 4th.
ReplyDeleteThat is too sweet AND too smart about the TWO of everything. Too sweet because how thoughtful of him and too smart because he probably thinks this will hedge his bets against I stealing his toy!!!
ReplyDelete