Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A layout and a new first...

I haven't shared a new layout in quite a long time. Scrapping has kind of taken a backseat to photography these days, and I'm not cranking out the pages like I use to. I did want to share this one. This is probably my most favorite picture from graduation. There is just so much love between these two. I can't imagine what Jake will think when his sister moves out and into a dorm in just a few short weeks.
 All the products used were from DesignerDigitals.com.

Today was huge for Kate. She decided to drink her first glass of milk in...ummm....years. We decided she was lactose intolerant when she was very young...grade school. At the time we couldn't figure out anything else to blame for her problems. We were shocked to learn in January that her problem is fructose and not lactose. Since the diagnosis, she has had a lot of dairy without any problems. She eats cereal with milk on it now instead of the soy milk she drank for years. However, she still couldn't bring herself to drink a glass of milk by itself. I have no idea what prompted it today, but she announced it and I grabbed the camera.
She wasn't super excited about the taste. She said it tasted like water. Wonder if that is because I buy 1%? LOL  

Do you know of any other just turned 3 year old boy who can blow up an entire beach ball by himself?
 Quite a skill, huh?  Once he was finished I asked him if he was dizzy. I got a glassy-eyed, "Uh huh."

4 comments:

  1. I got a lump in my throat when you said "You couldn't imagine what Jake will think when his sister moves out." My children leaving home was very hard for me. I'm glad Kate will be close, as I am glad my children and families live close to me. All this is just part of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be able to see your children grow and change and to do it with them is a gift that few are willing to participate in, voluntarily, You, my friend are one of the exceptions. I applaud you and think you are so a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo and scrap page, Ang. It will be hard on all of you, I'm sure. It is one of those moments parents dread, but it will happen to all of us. Enjoy every last moment before school starts, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Gigi! I love it!

    ReplyDelete