Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What did I get myself into?

Look what is demanded every time the young man poops.
 I know what you are going to say. I started this. How do I stop it? I'm afraid if I don't agree to it, he will poop in his pants the next time.  It's really ok if he goes just once a day, but there are days when it's two or three times. Oh brother!

We made cupcakes for our July 4th neighborhood party. I used pasteurized eggs, so I wasn't too worried about this:
I had to laugh at the end result. Notice anything?
We used a cake mix with red, white, and blue sprinkles mixed in. We used those same sprinkles on the top. There was a time when my cupcake liners would also have been red, white, and blue. That time has come and gone. That, my friends, would require way too much effort, planning, preparation, and memory. This is how we roll now...post-Jake. The Toy Story liners would just have to do.

Right after I had Jake, I found a Pico game on Ebay. Pico was Kate's big-time favorite game. It hooks to the tv, and there are various cartridges you can purchase that just snap in the game box. Kate spent so much time in front of Pico. I thought it was time to get Jake's game out. Let me just tell you...the technology has changed quite a bit since Kate was little! I had to laugh at the poor quality graphics and sound. Jake didn't care. He still seemed to enjoy it. He does tend to get frustrated easily and probably just needs a little more time to mature.
Tomorrow I promise round two of Marco Island!

2 comments:

  1. The boy needs an iPad! I swear the kids want one so bad.
    Just thinking today that cake batter may be my favorite food. Dont care if it is white or chocolate, I just LOVE the taste of cake batter. Very cute, BTW. Isn't summer grand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house must smell fabulous, girl (ha)! He will outgrow the candles...until then, enjoy the aroma!!!!!

    Crack me up on the Toy Story cupcake liners...so true...easy is good with little ones!

    ReplyDelete