Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vacation 2010 Marco Island Part 1

The four hour drive to Marco went far better than we anticipated. Dan was really hesitant to do Marco because of the drive with Jake in the backseat. Jake's never been in the car for longer than 1 1/2 hours, so we had no idea how this would go. We were hopeful that Kate and Richie could handle things and keep him entertained. I actually think it was Jake who entertained them! He was a trooper...a noisy one. We made it and did our usual stocking up on supplies.
Check out the new sunglasses. I totally splurged! I usually buy my sunglasses at Walmart for $10. Then end up on my head most of the time...or lost. Jake ends up sporting them around the house. I decided to buy myself some nice sunglasses for this trip. It's amazing how much better they feel on than the Walmart cheapies!  Can you see the floral print on the inside? They were screaming my name!! 
We picked up a pizza at one of our favorite spots and took it back to our place.
It was still early enough after dinner to squeeze in some beach time. Jake needed it after the 4 hour car ride. It was time to blow off some steam.
He loved the beach!!
He ran...
and ran...and ran...
Oh...and did I mention that he ran?
There was also the occasional pit stop to use Daddy's shirt for face wiping.
I want to go back right now!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go to the beach next weekend...woot!

    I love your new sunglasses, girl...so you. Awesome pics...sad to see Richie and Kate though. You really captured Jake's energy....precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Looks like you all needed some beach time. Those glasses are cha cha. I can smell the water and feel the breeze...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach is spectacular....so fun to see you all there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm at a loss for words - the pictures tell an amazing story and are a great saver of memories. My daughter, I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete