Thursday, July 8, 2010

Marco Favorites

If you visit here but don't leave a comment because you don't want to register, I have changed the comment settings. Click on "Name/URL" to leave your comment. Thanks!

I'm dedicating this post to some of our favorite things that we do in Marco every time we visit. First of all, this is our top spot:
Don't ask me why this is our top spot. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of this homemade ice cream. The owner's son says it well...it's pretty much the chocolate or nothing. The cookie dough is lousy. The chocolate chip is icy. The chocolate is good. Kate thinks it's the best chocolate ice cream she's ever tasted. I don't know about that!  The place isn't very clean. It's crowded with lots of breakable junk that distracts little men named Jake. (This is the spot where he broke something 2 years ago.) It's staffed by the craziest cast of characters you could ever imagine. There is the Englishman owner, his precocious young son, his brother, and some guy who looked like he got the crap beat out of him recently.  Dan and I are laughing right now as I type this and we reminisce. Don't get me wrong. They are the nicest bunch of guys...very welcoming and friendly. The son kept us in stitches. He was sitting at a table, and there wasn't another one available. His father yelled at him to get up, but we just joined him instead. He had the most random pile of stuff with him...a calculator, some library books, those stretchy plastic bracelets that are so popular now, and various little trinkets. He kept insisting that he was the owner and the gray haired kid (his father) worked for him. You probably had to be there, but we will be laughing about that first visit of this trip for a long time.
Another favorite spot that we visit every time we are in Marco is:
The food is always yummy. Jake, of course, blew out the candle on our table the minute we sat down. I had to laugh because he was turning his head to look through the above window at the salad bar when the waitress clicked her lighter to relight our candle. I've never seen a child's head spin back so fast in my life. He loves his candles and sure knows his lighter noises!! Dan and I are still laughing about that, too!

Our favorite thing to do for lunch is the beach bar at our resort. There is nothing like having lunch under an umbrella, with misters blowing on you, and seeing this from your table:
The food is fabulous, too!
Don't you always sit backwards in your chair to eat??

This may not be a Marco favorite, but I have to go on record thanking Richie for drinking Slurpees for me. He thinks I'm a little nuts now, but who cares! I had to have the codes for my Farmville game on Facebook!

5 comments:

  1. Misters may be one of the greatest inventions ever. Love them. Little man looks happy and so does his sis. More wonderful memories - gets me ready for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still cracking up that you went to 711 for Farmville...that is die hard, girl (ha)! Cute pics, Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun, Ang! I have seen those codes on the slurpees. Does it give you farmcash?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL....so funny that R had to drink the slurpees for you! Well...it's a good job if you're going to have a job!

    Love the shots...I want to be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo I'm in!!
    Now if I only knew what Farmville was...
    Great shots as always Angie!

    ReplyDelete