I handled graduation without a single tear. I've handled all the planning and preparations without a single sad thought. I know she's ready. I know we're ready. I just wasn't planning on my kids making this transition harder for all of us. Kate has admitted that she's going to be homesick for Jake...not me. LOL She has given herself permission to visit at any point. (For the longest time we were told we would not see her until Thanksgiving.) She tells Jake over and over that she wants to skype with him every night. Then...he starts! Oh brother. These kids are breaking my heart! Before we start dinner we always pray:
"Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."
Then we say, "Thank you, Jesus, for..." Jake fills in the blank with whatever food we are having for dinner. So Thursday night I was expecting, "Thank you, Jesus, for the pizza and strawberries, and tomatoes." Instead he says, "Thank you, Jesus, for Sissy." My eyes met Kate's, and I thought we were both going to cry! Then today Kate started reminding him that she will be moving out soon and going to college. He says in response, "I'm gunna cry 'bout you go bye bye." He's killing me!
Kate has been spending lots of extra time with him this summer. Today they made muffins. There was a lot of this going on...
Jake complained about a stomachache when they were done. I have no idea how much she let him eat!
Kate's MacBook Pro came yesterday!! I am a little bit jealous. I would definitely like to make the switch over to a Mac. It didn't take Kate any time at all to figure it out.
I am happy to say that Jake will finally sit and watch a movie. I don't want you to think I plant him there all the time, but it's nice to have some quiet time in the afternoon occasionally. He loves Toy Story right now...the original. I know what you are going to say after seeing this next picture. Doesn't everyone watch Toy Story naked while sitting in a big plastic tub?
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Naked in a plastic tub is always best :) Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteBreaks my heart as well!!
ReplyDeleteI love your pre-meal prayer and adding the thankful part. I'm so going to start that with our family.
Will have to try toy story..we have only let them watch Cars so far.
That breaks my heart, Ang...you two must have been sobbing when he said that! It is going to be hard when she leaves. At least she is in town...you can take him to go visit her whenever he needs to see sissy.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the bridge to Kate is Jake. She is going to miss you more she knows, wait and see! Kids have to go through this break away from mommy and daddy and then later....swing back.
ReplyDeleteNaked is certainly subjective but imagine that those who embrace it, are more healthy!!!
Tears are just liquid love. Mom
ReplyDeleteJ's going to make us ALL cry!!!What a sweetheå®t.
ReplyDelete