Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Better Day

I'm happy to say that Jake is doing so much better today. He had a pretty good night. He only got up coughing once and then slept in late this morning. He's eating today and not running a fever. In fact, he's a stinker again, so I know he's getting better.

Yes...he's a stinker. I'm trying to figure out how this sweet little man who is so loving and so polite can get into so much trouble. He can't be trusted in any room of this house without constant supervision. I thought by this age, I would be able to leave him alone while I ran laundry upstairs. I'm not talking about taking a shower...just running the laundry up. I can't do it. If he's too quiet for any length of time, he's probably getting into trouble.

I was on the phone with my mom today, and Jake was in the laundry room watching the washing machine spin. Any of you who know him well know that laundry is his thing. As I was talking to mom, I realized that he was in there way too long. Normally he'll watch for a minute, take a run around the house, and head back to the laundry room to check things out. Today he stayed in there and was suspiciously quiet. I walked in...still talking to mom...and found his latest mess. He had opened the drawer under the washer and was scooping the powered Tide out of the box and pouring it into the drawer. He knows better! Why does he do these things?

A few nights ago, we were finishing dinner dishes, and Jake ran upstairs ahead of us to get ready for his bath. When Dan got upstairs he found him in the bathroom, naked, and rubbing Cetaphil cleanser all over his body and the floor. 

Oh...I have another recent one. Yesterday, right before his breathing treatment, he pulled a part from the nebulizer off the counter and broke it. It wasn't the fall off the counter that broke it, he actually broke it with his hands. Fortunately I had a spare part.

I'm really hopeful that as we get closer to his 3rd birthday, he'll start to get more trustworthy. Is that just wishful thinking?

I have another layout to share. I've had this one on my mind for awhile and was finally inspired to finish it. Here's my little stinker:

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I KNOW it is funny when it isn't your kid but the Cetaphil/naked image made me laugh out loud. You poor thing - never had a boy but My boys have taught me a load of stuff. Lots of nakedness and bodily noises. This just makes me happy and I can't wait to take my turn running monitoring the laundry room! Glad it is a better day - Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jake stories...the cetaphil one has us all laughing out loud. I can totally see him in the laundry room dishing out the Tide on the floor...god love the little man. Thanks for the chuckle today, girl.

    I'm so glad he is doing better, Ang...that is great news!

    ReplyDelete