Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I wanted to share a layout I posted yesterday. Maybe you had to be there, but we thought this was hysterical.

 

We had Kate's final concert last night. If you would have asked me last year if I would be teary at her final concert, I would have said yes. It's amazing the difference a year makes. I wasn't sad. I can't be sad. She is so ready! They really did go out with a bang. The concert was a BLAST! The music was from the 60's.

I had a big DUH moment during the concert. I am so relieved it was during the concert and not after. I was using my great zoom lens. I didn't realize (since I had to quickly remove it from the box and get out the door) that it has a vibration reduction switch on it. I went to the bathroom midway through the show taking my camera with me. I don't even know what made me look at it on the way, but I noticed the switch. I flipped it to "on". What a difference that makes! The pictures from that point on were so much more clear. Lesson learned.  I love that I took the pictures on manual. I love that I got these shots sitting almost in the back of the gymnasium. You can view the pictures I took here:
Spring Concert Pictures

Jake is up, and it's time to head back outside. It hit 70 degrees today!

2 comments:

  1. Just get out of town..I can NOT believe you got those shots with no flash. Hats off to you..woo hoooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Impressive and w/o flash, genius. Great shots and congrats on moving thru the Senior Project with such awareness. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete