Saturday, March 20, 2010
The End of an Era
The disco ball era is over in our household. This ball has been hanging in the play area of the basement since Kate was young. Whenever Jake plays downstairs, he bombs it with balls until it falls from the ceiling. I am tired of picking it up and replacing tiles, so the disco ball is getting packed away.
While I'm on the subject of packing away, I'm proud to say that I am packing away clothes I've been wearing since early in 2008 when I took the first of the baby weight off. I am now back in my pre-Jake jeans and some of the pants. Looks like all my old capris will work this summer. It sure took me a long time. I expected to have it all off by the time Jake was 6 months old. I forgot to factor in exhaustion. I have no will power when I'm tired. Since Jake didn't sleep through the night until he was 6 months, I was way too tired when he was a baby. I've been on Weight Watchers since January 1, but the real difference this time is that I'm working out every single day. Thank you, Jillian Michaels and your 30 Day Shred!
I have to try to wake up the sleeping boy on the couch next to me. We planned on taking Jake, Kate, and Richie out to dinner, but Jake didn't get a nap today. He spent last night in our bed and actually slept in until 9 this morning. So the skipped nap means that he is sleeping on the couch at 5pm...not cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a fun day that is going to keep going for a while.
ReplyDeleteGlad you won't have to buy new capris this year! Weight is such a forever process. I have lost and gained so many times over the years. Now I just go with the flow. I could exercise but I hate it so. The docotor told me years ago all you need is 20 minutes 3 times a week but alas, I am not very motivated in that area of my life. Good luck tonight, hope Jake goes to sleep before tomorrow!!!
Good for you, girl...I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDelete