Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stupid Virus

This time I'm not talking about a human infection. My laptop is infected. Dan has spent the entire day researching and trying to wipe it out, but he hasn't had any luck. It looks like the laptop is going to have to spend a week with the geeks at Best Buy.  I say a week because that is how long it took them to wipe a virus off our desktop recently.  Dan is certain that I picked up the virus on Facebook.  I know I've seen recent warnings there about not clicking on video posts, and I guess those warnings were legit.  Dan doesn't want me visiting Facebook on the desktop since it just got debugged, so I have to rely on Kate's laptop as my backup. Unfortunately she has to go to school for 3 days this week ;), so that means I won't get my Facebook fix until she's home.  Darn.  I have the desktop for everything else, but I will miss my Facebook.  I just love having that connection to my friends.

I have to give you a recap on dinner last night. I was able to wake Jake up from his very late nap, and we took the kids (including Richie) to Macaroni Grill.  That was the first time we've eaten there since Kate's diagnosis, and I'm happy to report that she seemed to be fine this morning.  Besides the quick trip to the grocery store on Thursday, this was the only time Jake's been out of the house this week because of his illness.  After dinner he told us that he didn't want to go home yet.  The poor guy was going stir crazy around here. So we took him to Barnes and Nobel to look around and pick out some books. I had to laugh at the difference between my son and daughter while we were there. Kate always spent book store trips actually looking at books. Jake was far more interested in messing with the stuffed animal displays that were scattered around the children's area.
After our Barnes and Nobel visit, Jake asked to go to the grocery store rather than go home. We took him to Walmart instead. He was happy to walk around and didn't even ask to buy anything. He is also asking to go back to school. He is tired of being around this house. I'm just so relieved that he's feeling so much better.

Off to Best Buy with my laptop. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Every week I weigh the pros and cons of stayin g on FB. I LOVE Twitter and spend most of my time over there. The truth is you can get a virus from a mulitude of places, just like the real flu. I hope the Geek Squad can fix you right up - know what it is like when I am disconnected. Funny how fast we got use to it.

    Jake must be feeling better! Even we big people know we are getting better when Walmart sounds like a great adventure. Sounds like a great family night and that Kate was able to partake just makes it that much nicer.

    Good luck! Hope you are back on FB soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crack me up...poor little guy enjoyed being out and about. What a cute story, Ang.

    I hope they can get your computer up and running faster than a week, Ang. I have heard about those links being viruses too, but now I know for sure they are. Maybe you can catch up on some reading? I'm currently reading the Wednesday Sisters, and it is really good. It is about a group of friends during the 60's...I think you would like it. BTW...tell Kate I LOVE my Kindle...I can't imagine not having one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not enough your family gets innudated with human viruses????

    SO glad Jake is feeling better...he's a jokester with all those animals at BN...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete