Sunday, March 14, 2010
Come on, Pepsi!
Bring it back permanently!!
Now that Kate has finally been diagnosed as fructose intolerant, we've decided to eliminate high fructose corn syrup in our house completely. We aren't big soda drinkers. Kate doesn't drink any. Dan and I each drink 1 can a day. That's it. It's been easy to give up the high fructose corn syrup with Pepsi Throwback available. We have 3 cases left in the basement. Once it's gone, I'm afraid that we may have to go back to regular soda. It's disappointing. Pepsi Throwback tastes so much better than regular Pepsi or Coke. I've already called Pepsi to voice my opinion. I wonder if it would make any difference if I bug them on a regular basis. ;)
Speaking of Kate's diagnosis...we are still amazed by the fact that she didn't test lactose intolerant. All these years we were sure that was the problem. Now she's eating ice cream and cream sauces with no trouble...as long as there isn't any fructose involved. Her diet has been easy to control at home. I'm cooking regularly now. We do very little take-out. I am concerned about how she'll manage in college next year. We are going to push for Kate to have permission to have a car on campus her freshman year. She'll need it to come home for dinner occasionally (wishful thinking) and to make trips to Whole Foods.
I wanted to share my latest layout. If you know me well, you know I'm not a fan of feet. I don't like to see pictures of them unless they belong to babies. I can't stand watching anyone touch their feet. Feet are dirty, people! I must say, though, that I love this shot. It doesn't count when the feet belong to my babies.
Anyone want to tell me why I am still coughing after 2 weeks and 1 round of antibiotics? Ridiculous! Jake has the cough now, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kate can avoid this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Click here for credits.
I absolutely love this lo, Ang. I happen to love those tootsies too. What a priceless moment.
ReplyDeleteI was so surprised by Kate's diagnosis too.
Gracie may need to be tested for asthma. She has been on 10 days of antibotics with an inhaler, and is still coughing. Carly is throwing up still with a low-grade fever. I am so done with illnesses, girl. Bring on Spring already!
I hope you stop coughing soon, sweetie. I'm praying Jake gets better soon, and Kate doesn't catch the cough.
BTW...so impressed with blogging 2 days in a row...woohoo!!!
Never heard of Throwback! Sounds like it was too healthy! Never thought about the HFCS but have noticed commercials lately trying to downplay any adverse effects.
ReplyDeleteHave heard more than one story of mulitple visits to doctors before getting well. With Bonnie quick passing, it makes one wonder and worry about any illiness and the H1N1 thing, did it go away or did we forget about it?
Kate has been in my thoughts, thanks for the update and hope school will allow the car use. XO