Monday, March 22, 2010

Albuterol

I have one thing to say tonight. I think it's time to reduce Jake's breathing treatments. I just got him down at 10:30 after putting him to bed at 9:00. The poor guy was just tossing and turning. It's strange. I see no adverse effects from the albuterol when he really needs it. As soon as he starts getting better, he starts to have side effects.  I'm cutting his dosage in half tomorrow and hoping for the best. I can't take him completely off yet. He is coughing when he exerts himself...any running or bike riding.  However, I am slowly seeing improvements here. 

3 comments:

  1. I firmly believe that mommies know best. They have a second sense about these things, I say, go with your gut. Glad he is getting better even if it is slow going.
    Hugs to you both. Here is hoping tomorrow is a much, much better day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely that sounds spot on....sorry he's even having to go through this..and you too. Must be so scary watching him cough when needing more air but you're right....side effects are only added trouble. Hope it works out well today. L, S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, Ang...we had to cut Gracie's dose down too. Hang in there...it is almost Summer. At least that is what I keep telling myself (ha). Love ya.

    ReplyDelete