Monday, May 23, 2011

Misc. May...

We've been so busy in May, and I feel like I've hardly blogged about it. Here goes.

Mother's Day at Jake's school was wonderful. I love hearing how sweet my little man is from other moms, and it happened again. He makes a good impression. :)



He made a picture frame for me, a place mat, and a yummy treat.



He also brought home a pumpkin seed. I stuck it in the ground near my rose bushes, and the thing is going crazy!


Jake played soccer for a few weeks.  He did great and is working hard to remember not to use his hands. We signed up for another session in the summer.



I made adorable bags for teacher gifts. We gave them Target gift certificates.

The last day of school was bittersweet. Jake is really going to miss it this summer. We had to say goodbye to two very special teachers.





Kate and I have decided to do a big outing with Jake every week this summer. They started with a trip to the mall. I got these pictures in a text.


I'm so glad she took pictures! I've asked Jake many times if he wanted to try that, and the answer was always NO! He asked Kate if he could do it!!  I don't know what changed since our last mall trip, but I have the feeling he is going to expect this every time now.

They came home and crashed. I don't know if he wore her out or she wore him out.

Dan and I made an attempt to take Jake strawberry picking, but the fields weren't open yet. We let him play for a bit, and then we noticed that the field right next to us had strawberries. We had to sneak just one.


We also took him to an area fair. When we got out of the car, he looked around and announced, "This is AWESOME!!"  After two rides, he told me, "This is an amazing place."  I took my camera along, but I had to leave it in the car because of the weather. These are iPhone shots.





Yesterday Dan and I took Jake back to the farm because the strawberry fields were finally open.









We are cramming more fun in today...heading to the Arch!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the photos, Ang! And, I know have your blog bookmarked... I'll be lurking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great May! Lots of memories that are just too cute. Love the one of them crashing, isn't that the way life should be. Sometimes sisters can get more than moms, use that to your advantage. Hope everyone is well and doing good. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure HAVE been busy! Love the shot of you and J at school and Elijah and I are laughing that J was so brave to go on that bungee!!!! Wowww!!

    ReplyDelete