Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rite of passage...

When you grow up in St. Louis, that first trip up the Arch is a pretty big deal. Kate decided that we would begin our summer of fun with the Arch visit. I really didn't know what to expect with Jake.

He got right in the tram with no trouble at all. He was completely fascinated once we were at the top. Many people around us were commenting about his concentration as he stared out the windows.





 His sister kept giving him a boost so he wouldn't slide down the viewing platform.


Of course once we were outside, it is another rite of passage the first time you actually touch the Arch.
Last weekend we had some special friends over for dinner. Kate and Claire were best buds in high school, and we hadn't seen Claire's family for almost a year. It was fun to spend some time with them. I forgot to get permission to post a family picture, but I'm sure Claire won't mind a few shots of her. This first one just cracks me up...reminds me of the fun they had in high school. Claire is laughing at Kate, of course.



I also got some adorable shots of my two kids the same evening. :)  I am always thrilled when Kate asks for studio shots.



It is just so good to see the happiness in the above shot. :)  It makes my mommy heart happy.

1 comment:

  1. Happy and beautiful kids Angie - looks like your summer is getting off to a wonderful start :)

    ReplyDelete