Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stepping out of my box...

I got an email from Liz, a friend of my sister in law. Liz was having a birthday party for her dad. The entire family was surprising him by traveling to St. Louis for the party. She asked me to be the group photographer.

Wait for it...31 PEOPLE!

This was new territory for me. I think my biggest group to date was Tom and Sue's family of 6. Liz also mentioned taking the pictures at her home. Wow...where was I going to find enough shade in a yard for 30 people? What if it rained? We couldn't reschedule. I consulted my photography club and my hero, Kelly Manno, for advice. I took the job and asked two friends, Brooke Boyer and Joe Vitale, to help.

Liz and her family could not have been any nicer or more easy going. There was lots of rain, but there were also lots of smiles and lots of laughs. They immediately made the three of us feel at ease. I was so glad I took the leap...stepped out of the box...and said YES!

Here are the proud parents of this beautiful family.




...and the entire gang...



Brooke and Joe, thanks again for the support! Liz loves the pictures. I love the pictures. I was so happy to be a part of this special event.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, you did a fabulous job! This is tough and you did it beautifully.

    Makes me think you need to get your parents and take some of these shots. You could add a whole new theme to your portfolio...Seniors, the real ones! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, We were so blessed to have had YOU document our family as we celebrated a very special birthday of my wonderful husband George of 48+ yrs, father of our five children + spouses and "Papa" to our 19 grandchildren. Normally when I get out my camera at family gatherings I see eyes roll and the comments start with "hurry up Gaga". Our angel-pies turn into angels with smudges on their halos. You were the Archangel who made everyone smile over and over and over again. You magically caught everyones' personality, while presenting us as "family". Thanks to Joe and Brooke who kept shooting through all the giggles. You created memories for our lifetime and generations to come.
    Love, betsie (gaga) molinsky

    ReplyDelete