Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm a little jealous.

I was sitting at the island having lunch with Jake.  What he said next came completely out of the blue.

Jake: "There is a pretty girl named Chelsea."
Mom: "At school?"
Jake: "Ya."

Keep in mind that this is the boy who tells me nothing about his school day. I take that back...we get the reports about who cried and who got hurt. That is it. Now all of a sudden there is this girl who has caught his eye.

I brought her up a little bit later.

Mom: "Jake tell me more about Chelsea. What color is her hair?"
Jake: "Brown."
Mom: "What color are her eyes?"
Jake: "Blue and white."
Mom: "Is her hair short or long?"
Jake: "Short."
Mom: "Does she wear bows in her hair?"
Jake: "Sometimes. I want her to come to my house to play."

I would like that to happen also. I want to meet this Chelsea. ;)

It is amazing how much our conversations have changed lately.  I really need to keep track of how many times he asks "why?" in a day. It is a bit exhausting especially when I don't have an answer to some of his tricky questions.

Why do sirens go round and round?
Why do sewers have lids?
Why do we have sewers?
Why do the sirens get tested?
Why are there so many sirens?
Why do we have smoke detectors?
Why are sirens made with holes in them?

Then add in the who and what questions.

Who makes the sirens?
What are the made from?
Who made me?
Who turns on the sirens?
What's in the sewers?

Just for fun I really need to write down all the questions he asks in a day. I may try to do that this weekend.

I guess I can tell Chelsea that Jake is quite a catch. He even does the shopping!
Jake at Trader Joe's. Taken on my iPhone.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I just heart your sweet boy Angie and can completely relate to the I'm a little jealous, except my sweet boy is 15!!

    hugs
    missing you at FB and DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie,he is just such a sweet boy. Hope your maybe DIL is a gem. Sounds like the boy is smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that is so cute! I could have written your post! My dd (in addition to BEGGING for Trader Joe's so she can push the cart) asks "why" and "how do they make ___?" at least 30 times a day.

    -Jennifer (bluelemur01)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I love that photo!!! You're raising him right, Angie! (love, Merr)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so stinkin cute! What a cute conversation! I love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling story, Ang. He is an amazing little man, momma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omgosh..I'm melting at that look on his face.

    And he notices PRETTY already?! Not sure if E does that yet!! Oh no...you are SO in trouble A!!!!

    ReplyDelete