Monday, November 15, 2010

Yum!

This weekend we were treated to a fabulous dinner at Dan and Kathy's house. They have friends who are amazing chefs. They prepared a gourmet meal for us that was just incredible. Seriously...dinner on Sunday night was a letdown. What are you going to prepare after eating a meal prepared by two chefs?

Kathy's house looked gorgeous. The wine was amazing thanks to my Dan. The conversation was fun. The kids were angels...thank you, Jake! Thanks to Dan and Kathy for allowing Jake to tag along! I should have taken more pictures. I put my camera away right before the meal was served, and I was then too focused on the food to think about dragging the camera out again. My favorite dish was the pasta. Of course, the pasta was handmade. I got a shot of it hanging in the laundry room before boiling time! It had a wonderful cream sauce, butternut squash, and walnuts. I could eat it every night.











I think this is going to be a food themed blog update!

Kate came by to pick up a few things on Saturday and ate the last hunk of banana bread. Her brother wasn't too happy about that, and we did happen to have some overripe bananas lying around. So yesterday we made banana chocolate chip bread.





 Do you believe I left him alone with the sifter??  What I won't do for the shot!!  By the way, he got just a little bit on the counter. He did really well!




 We buy pasteurized eggs so I don't have to worry about the testing!

I prefer to make mini loaves and freeze what we aren't using immediately. Here is the recipe in case you are interested. I got it from my friend, Christina.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup butter
2-3 mashed ripe bananas
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups sifted whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream sugar, egg, and butter with mixer until fluffy. Combine bananas and milk in small bowl. Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl.

Alternate (stirring by hand) the first 2 mixtures (creamed mixture and banana mixture) into the sifted mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

I bake 4 mini loaves at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes. The tops should be brown and cake tester should come out clean.

Congrats to my daughter!!! She made the Student Admissions Committee team at her university and will now be conducted campus tours for interested families! 

6 comments:

  1. hey who needs 2 chefs when you have your very own on hand! He could not be any more adorable! Gorgeous shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a boy in a white shirt! Love, love these shots.

    Love the idea of a wonderful dinner party. Always wanted to have a people from different points of view at a party - Someday. Sounds like a great weekend. Congrats to Kate too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum is right...I'm going to have to try that banana bread recipe.

    Kathy and Dan outdid themselves...everything looked amazing. What beautiful photos to capture your beautiful weekend.

    Please let me know if I can bring anything on Thanksgiving...I really don't want to come empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh..I was admiring that flour sifting shot before you reminded of just how wrong that could have gone....!!!

    hanging pasta...this is all kinds of OUTof my league!!!!!!!! Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that boy of yours is something else Angie. i love him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this blog post is yummy looking, including Jake! (love, digigrandma)

    ReplyDelete