We were just driving home from the mall when Jake announced, "I want a gun for Christmas." I asked him what kind. He said, "A big one." Oh brother. What should I do? Do I buy one and possibly encourage behavior I'm not going to like, or do I ignore? I just realized as I was typing this where it came from. He watched Home Alone on Monday. Now he thinks he is Kevin. He is jumping from and tumbling off of furniture. Kevin is armed. Now Jake wants to be armed, too. I'm thinking no more movie and no gun. Despite this he hasn't lost his sweetness. He told me at breakfast this morning, "I love your kisses. I love your hugs. I love eberyting."
I've been a busy photographer, and I need to get posting! I have one shoot I'm editing and am involved in a picture project for Jake's preschool. My pictures of the kids in black and white will be framed and displayed at Trivia Night. Parents can then purchase them and the proceeds will go to the school. I'm really excited about this because it will be great advertising for me and benefit the school. I will be able to post a few samples after I check with the parents for permission.
My studio is really shaping up. I am excited to have this to use over the winter and will be running some winter specials.
Jake asked if he could pose with one of my new chairs. I've been adjusting lights to find the perfect set up, so I was so happy that he asked. Look at the cute shots I got!!!
Of course, he had to get silly, too. Do you like his choice of prop? I never thought to drag in a laundry basket. ;)
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














Certainly seems that Mr Jake is getting more comfortable with the camera. Mine are in Back up mode. Actually I like casual better so this may work out.
ReplyDeleteLove the studio! Looks like you are good to go. Winter, you have nothing on this girl! xo
Your studio looks great, Ang...so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteMy girls were crazy for Home Alone when they first watched it. I can't wait until he watches Ralphie...he will want a Red Rider (ha). Hang in there...it is just beginning. Uncle Mike can always take him to the shooting range!!!!
Super cute photos of Jake, Angie! I love seeing what your studio looks like.
ReplyDeleteI bet you will be busy all winter! (Love, Merr)
Omgosh...I"m dying..I can't believe the light you created..it looks so natural...perfect Ang..just perfect..and your model is GORGEOUS and a riot. I think we posed him in the laundry basket way back...he must remember.The shots are off the wall incredible..I bow down to your genius !
ReplyDeleteGraham says he wants a gun too - drives me crazy! Your studio looks GREAT and the pictures you are getting of Jake are awesome....what fun :)
ReplyDeleteAngie, all of your photos are amazing, I need to get a date picked out with your for our family photo. Also, my boys started making guns out of everything within arms reach when they turned 4 -- the track from their race cars, a leg from an old baby toy swing, and my favorite - simply their hands. I think it is just a boy thing. I have talked to many parents as I got more and more upset about them being nuts about guns. Finally a parent educator from a local school addressed the topic in a workshop when another parent raised a similar concern - the answer? It's normal for boys to do this. WHEW. I have since let them have "cowboy stuff" and we have rules about who cannot be "pretend shot" with the guns: their sister, Mommy, Granny, Grandpa, and anyone that doesn't want to play this game. It has worked and they have now moved on to being obsessed with playing hockey - another thing I had no idea how they developed an interest.
ReplyDeleteJudy Malpedi (from Little School)