Monday, November 22, 2010

He loves to help.

You've seen him in the kitchen. Here he is outside. Dan was heading out to rake leaves, and Dan can not go outside without his little follower. Sure...it slows down the process, but I keep reminding Dan that someday soon he will have to threaten to get outside help!!






Yes...our grass really does look this gorgeous...thanks to Dan. He rebuilt our burnt out yard this fall, and it looks amazing. People stop him all the time to ask what seed he used and what he did. 

The boys brought me the last beautiful rose on my smaller rose bush. It's so special to get a rose. Thank you, St. Therese!

I am FINALLY feeling better. I've been battling this sinus thing for awhile and even got an antibiotic last Friday. I didn't take it. I was determined to try to beat this myself...and I think I did. I am feeling much better tonight. My fingers are crossed that tomorrow is good. It's crunch time to get ready for Thanksgiving. Did I mention that I'm hosting it...for the first time?  I've been in denial for most of the month of November, and then I decided that I better buy turkey before it sold out everywhere. These things happen, right? So..Friday I dragged my sick self out to the grocery and bought turkey.  Denial over. My aunt is coming over on Wednesday to help me do most of the work. Everyone is bringing food. I think I'm good. No stress!!

Kate's friend, Tom, came in town to see her this weekend. Tom is a very good friend...as close as you can get without making it official, I guess. It would be hard for them to be official since he's going to school in Florida right now.  They met at Duke during Kate's second summer program. After we took them to dinner, I convinced them to pose in the studio. I know Kate is happy that they did.



I also got some adorable family shots that I'll share soon. I'm hoping to use the tripod to get some over the weekend that include me!

Tom won Jake over pretty quickly. I clued Tom in that Jake was obsessed with sewers. Tom said something like, "Jake, do you like sewers?"  The look on Jake's face was priceless. He was so surprised and excited that Tom would bring up one of his favorite topics. Tom said, "What can you tell me about sewers?"  Jake looked up at him and said, "Sewers are eberywhere!" We all giggled!

I hope to get back here with more pictures to share before Thursday; but, if I don't, Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. And to you, my friend, So hear you about the sinus thing. Packed my head everynight with ice pack and think I got it! What a nightmare.
    You and Brandi hosting your first Thanksgiving. So glad you will have some time with your aunt. Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Pics are fabulous. Jake may have a career in landscape and Tom and Kate look so happy! Love ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL about Tom getting a good in with J! Can't say I blame him for not knowing to bring up sewers on his own!!!!

    So glad you're on the mend...woo hooo!

    I thought your green was LR green..so funny to hear it really IS that green...send Dan here..every landscaper is ruining my lawn...and getting paid to do it!

    Tom and Kate are adorable and they do look pretty darn close I'd say!!!

    Good luck getting through Thanksgiving..(I kept trying to type good and all that kept coming up was G*D!! Guess we need a little extra help to get through!!!

    You are at the top of my blessings and I remember that on Thanksgiving and every day. LOVE you!!!

    ReplyDelete