Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finally...a full night's sleep.

Jake has been coming in our bed every night for what seems like forever. It's probably been 2 weeks. He will either call out to us or just walk in with his pillow under one arm and cozy under the other. He's determined. He's staying. This is some kind of cyclical thing with him. He'll do this for a few weeks, and then we'll have a few weeks of uninterrupted sleep. When Kate was little, we were a lot more strict about this. We would let her join us for about 10 minutes, then Dan would carry her back to her bed. We've chilled out a bit as we've aged. All we care about is sleep. So when Jake joins us, we all quickly fall back to sleep for the rest of the night. I'm not sure if we did the right thing then, if we are doing the right thing now, or if there is even a right or wrong with this. It just felt good to have a full night of sleep last night. I feel refreshed today!

Over the weekend we met Dan, Kathy, and the boys on Main Street. Kathy was hoping for a few pictures. Sam wasn't too interested, but we got some cute stuff anyway. Main Street in historic St. Charles is a magical place during the holiday season. The decorations are gorgeous, and there are people dressed as storybook characters, Santas from around the world, and Victorian carolers. When the kids approach these actors, they are presented with a collector's card from each one.








 I had to use my external flash on the bottom shot because we were losing our light quickly. I am happy with the results. It's my first time to use external flash on an outdoor shoot.

I've been promising a sneak peek of my preschool shots.  I spent two mornings at Jake's school taking these shots, and it really was so much fun. It really was funny to see which kids would willingly pose and which shots I had to take on the sly. I'll never tell. Let's just say that they kept me laughing and guessing. They are such a darling bunch!!



6 comments:

  1. Those preschool shorts are amazing, Angie! The parents are going to go crazy for them!
    How fun to see all those characters on Main Street-what a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those preschool shots are AMAZING, Ang...the parents are going to flip!

    I LOVE the last picture of Dan and Kathy....how BEAUTIFUL!

    So glad you got a full night's sleep..hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was a FLAG Santa a dream come true for J?!!!

    The preschool shots are spectacular...I can't even believe you pulled that off.....ALL of them are outstanding...that must have been SO hard! Can't wait to hear all the parents' reactions!

    And I'm with you...whatever needs to be done to get some sleep is the right thing to do...sleep rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ...the world of boys. Love, love the rail track shot!

    Preschool pics are great - hard to do, they can't help it that their attention span hasn't grown up yet.

    So right about sleep, what ever it takes. Have a wonderful day, we are having a Snow Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures AGAIN, Angie. You just seem to keep getting better and better, and I think that is pretty hard to do when you are already the BEST! I'm sure Kathy loves the family shot. I flipped for that one of Sam with the sly look on his face at the window - reminds me too much of my "little" sneaky one at that age (now 35), but oh, the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to comment on the preschool photos....love the one of Miss Izzy, but then again, I'm prejudiced! They all turned out well, cooperation or not.

    ReplyDelete