Jake has discovered the PlayStation 2. It's been sitting idle next to the basement tv for a very long time. Who knows...they may be on PlayStation 4 or 5 now. I have no idea. He's been checking out the steering wheel that goes with it, so I finally broke down and hooked everything up. I was amazed that I got all the connections right...the first time! I must admit that I was pretty impressed with how he handled the steering wheel and pedals. The only issue is that he tends to press on the gas and brake at the same time and just spin the thing. He played Kate's game of choice...one I knew he would love...The Simpson's Road Rage. He had a blast crashing Homer's car over and over again. I enjoyed hearing the belly laughs.
Since Halloween is my favorite holiday, I make sure to start the "Boo-ing" early! We hit two neighborhood houses last week and made up a Boo bag for Izzy. Our bags contained a Halloween cake mix, icing, and cupcake liners, Pez dispensers, and Teddy Grahams. Jake and I got caught at one house this year!! The dad was determined to figure out who is was. We were hiding along the side of their house after ringing the doorbell, leaving the bag, and running. I should have been more creative in the hiding!
I started Christmas shopping last week. I'm actually finished with Jake, have a couple things for Kate, and am done with 1 niece and 1 nephew. I start getting stressed if I don't start early. I'm hoping to knock a couple more out this week. The trick is that I need to start wrapping right away, too. Last year I waited until the last minute to wrap everything. I hate that!
I bought two presents for myself while I was at it. Here's the first. It's a camera charm with a little J and a little K.
I also bought the Nikon d700!!!!! I can't believe it. Someone pinch me!! I will have the winter to get use to the camera and will be ready to shoot clients with it in the spring. It shipped on Thursday, so I'll be just as excited to see the "PS" man as Jake is!
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Road rage, I totally get that. Looks like he is a pro already. Love the necklace and new camera. Had a discussion with cousin today about cameras, love talking shop! Beautiful as always, my friend!
ReplyDeleteSo thrilled you got that camera...ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteLove your halloween bags you got and what creative fun goodies you filled it with....SO fun.
Love the shots of J playing video games..he's ready to come hang with E now...woo hooo! It's the universal language of boys!
I'm so happy for you, girl...can't wait for you to get your new toy, I love your necklace...very cute.
ReplyDeleteJake driving and playing with playstation is priceless. His facial expressions are precious.