My little man is a bit of a worrier. He is very concerned about things that are loud. It's pretty comical. He wraps his arms around my neck almost daily and tells me that he will protect me from lighting, thunder, firework crackers (That's what he calls them.), and sirens. These are all the things that HE is worried about. He wasn't a happy camper last week when the tornado sirens were tested while he was at school. He talked about that for days and didn't sleep well that night. Apparently today at school they talked about fire safety. He came home concerned about our smoke detectors. He talked about them and asked questions all afternoon and evening. I'm fairly certain that he will end up in our bed tonight. If you have any suggestions, please comment. I'm guessing this is a stage, and he'll eventually get over it. Hopefully it's a short stage. Mommy needs her sleep.
Jake's been enjoying the warm weather we've had so far this fall. He likes to help out when Daddy grills.
I just have to tell you what happened soon after these pictures were taken. Dan and I were both in the kitchen. I looked out the window, and Jake had dropped his pants and was tinkling on the deck between his grill and Dan's!!!! This is what I get for allowing him to tinkle in the backyard a few times while we were out in the kiddie pool this summer!
He was proud to bring home art again for Mommy. Mommy is thrilled that school lets him paint. Mommy can't deal with paint. She stops at Play Doh.
Walker babysat for Jake on Friday and got him interested in his play toolbox. Thank. You. Walker. I have no idea how you did it, but I appreciate it so much! I didn't have to repair any damage over the last few days since he hasn't asked for the real screwdriver since.
Jake may be afraid of noises, but this isn't one of them. He LOVES bubble wrap. A roll of bubble wrap will probably be on his list for Santa. If you save your bubble wrap for him, he will be your best friend. He gets so excited when the "PS man comes"...not UPS...PS. The PS man brings boxes that have bubble wrap!!!
Tomorrow I"ll have pictures of Ashley and Brendon to share!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















I'm cracking up over these pics.....all adorable of Mr. Personality, Jake, especially the ones of him with his own play grill! (merr)
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll he is! I so get the bubble wrap and the bbq but have to laugh at the tinkling. What a boy thing. We had to do this at the pumpkin patch last week, us girls had to wait. I decide not to take the boys picture at them aimed at the corn right in the view of God and everyone. I guess the idea is if you are pointed AWAY from the general public, that is a good thing. Thanks for the chuckle, my friend!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos! I also had a fearful little boy. Loud noises, sirens, thunder, kids concerts, busy shopping centres and anywhere with large crowds would send him into a panic. I can remember taking him to see The Wiggles when he was about three and he sat the entire time on my knee with his hands over his ears. He is 10 now and not as fearful but still cautious and still worries over absolutely everything.
ReplyDeleteMy girl on the other hand was totally fearless from the moment she first started walking.
Oh Ang, he is so stinkin cute! I am sure the noise stuff is just a phase, maybe you could show him the source of some loud noises so he can put an object to them. Just make him feel secure and safe and it will resolve sooner or later. My kids are still a little scared of loud noises.
ReplyDeleteCrack me up....I am laughing out loud about him tinkling off the deck....boys! I love Jake stories.
ReplyDeleteHe hates loud sounds but likes bubble wrap?>?? Too funny. Go figure...or not...who can ever figure out a toddler's mind! GREAT shots!
ReplyDelete