Saturday, May 29, 2010

What a week!

We had Kate's graduation party last night. It consisted of family, closest friends, and a bunch of teenagers. Everyone stayed late, so I think that's the sign of a very successful party. The food was wonderful thanks to my mom, sister, mom-in-law, and sisters-in-law. I literally only prepared one appetizer. I bought a few things and picked up 100 of  these incredible little treats.
There were a ton of little kids at the party. I was so happy that the weather cooperated, and they were able to play outside. Everyone got along so well and really liked the Ring Pops that Gigi was smart enough to grab at the store.

Dan had a couple of awesome decorating ideas. I was so impressed! He hired a company to decorate the yard as a little surprise for Kate.
He also suggested that I blow up a few pictures from the actual graduation to display at the party.
I really love how this looks. Kate asked me to keep these up for the summer. I think I'll make this a permanent display and switch out the pictures occasionally. I had each picture mounted on foam core.

Here are a few other shots from the party. I had to use a flash. Flash makes me gag.
I'm disappointed that I didn't get a shot of Kate with all of her grandparents. I need to remember to make a list of the shots I want before each special occasion.

We had a relaxing day today. We had some cleaning to do this morning. The basement still needs a little more work, but my priority was to get outside with Jake today and enjoy the beautiful weather.  I told him we were going to fill up his little pool. I went upstairs to change into my suit. I came down the steps in my suit and a pink cover up that resembles a mini dress. You won't believe what this sweet little man said to me.
"Your cute dress is pretty. You are beautiful!"

This little man knows how to make my day.

 Dan came out to watch him while I got a few things done inside. When I came back out, I discovered that they had turned the slide into a water slide. Oh brother.  This is definitely not a mommy trick. I HAD to get some pictures, and then I put an end to the fun.
They look like they are scheming to convince Mommy that this is ok.

Mommy never allows head-first!  Well...just this once for this shot...never again!

2 comments:

  1. Everything was so beautiful, Ang...you did a great job. I LOVE the way you mounted those beautiful pictures of Kate...what a great idea to leave them up all summer.

    I am cracking up at Jake and Dan...it looks like fun though (lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous Angie! From the front yard to those delightful flip flop p4's!
    I am with Kate - love the table top gallery. That girl is gorgeous and with the red, WOW!
    Ok, we do the same thing with the hose and while I was leary, I always stand at the end of the slide and catch them. It is much tougher with Keaton but at least I can keep his head from hitting the ground. One more grad party for us in a few. Should be a hoot - looking forward to it.
    Happy Sunday my friend, hope you can rest with all the boy stuff going on. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete