Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm trying something new.

Jake is driving me crazy with the bathroom soap. When he washes his hands, he pumps the soap dispenser at least 5 or 6 times. I have soap everywhere when he's done. I bought one of these at the grocery store today.
You hold your hand underneath, and it automatically dispenses the soap. Then it chimes when you should remove your hand. I'm trying to reinforce with him that you only do this once, and then you are finished. Wish me luck!

You can also wish me luck because I am potty training again. Jake stayed dry at my brother's graduation party yesterday and let me know when he needed to use the bathroom.  He's only had one accident today and it's 2:30pm...not bad. He wore big boy pants to the grocery store with a pull up over them just in case. When we got home from the grocery store, he asked me to put a diaper on him so he could poop. Nope. I made a huge production out of getting M&M's for him to eat while on the potty. That did the trick. He actually pooped...just a bit...but it's something! So we hopped in the car and headed to Target for a new ball. He asks for a ball every time we are there, and I told him he would get one as soon as he pooped on the potty. So today he is the proud owner of yet another ball...a red one. He wanted pink, but they were out.  His father was relieved about that.

This is such an exciting week for us. Tomorrow is the luncheon honoring my aunt. Graduation is Wednesday. (Can you even believe I choose this week to start potty training again?)  I'll try to update when I can.

Here is one more shot of Jake before I go. When he and Dan got home from the coin shop on Saturday, he had to show me his tongue before he showed me his new coins.  The owner of the coin store gave him a Tootsie Pop.

4 comments:

  1. Big week indeed. So many new changes coming. A graduate, a potty trained boy and a new business.
    Much to do, think and change. Best of luck on all those endeavors, be they little or big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...soon Jake won't be ratting himself out by showing you the tongue!!!

    Love the catchlights in the shot!

    Good luck with getting through this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to both of you...I'm hoping for the best.

    We will be thinking of you this week...what a special week indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark often wants pink as well :D

    ReplyDelete