We had a first today. We've lived here for 15 years, and I've never seen a turtle in our yard. Jake was looking out of his bedroom window and yelled that he saw a turtle. I was thinking that it wasn't possible. We never see turtles around here. I looked out his window and couldn't believe my eyes. Believe it or not, the silly thing was moving fast, so we hurried outside. Of course, I grabbed my camera on the way. It was so funny to watch Jake with the turtle. He was timid at first...just watching. He progressed to touching. After awhile, he got brave enough to pick it up. I loved watching the progression through my camera lens.
I didn't get a chance to post any pictures from our trip to the park yesterday. Jessie called to say they were there and ask if we wanted to join them. It was perfect, since I'm not willing to take both Izzy and Jake by myself. Izzy had a great time with all the girls. Jake was a little clingy. He's been that way for the past 2 weeks...more than usual. I'm not sure why. It might be the antihistamines I'm giving him for allergies. Jake even refused to pose for the group picture. Izzy had to grab him later.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






OMGosh, that last photo is PRECIOUS! I bet he was so excited to see a turtle in the yard...great captures, Ang.
ReplyDeleteI thought I had crazy wildlife in my yard but I think turtles have escaped up thus far! GREAT pics you caught....it was like the turtle came to offer these amazing photo ops!!! Now you can tell Jake he has a pet in case he starts asking!
ReplyDeleteYou wonder if the turtle was someone's pet. How cute is that 0 akk I ever found was a wallet in my backyard and we have a lock on our gate!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Hope Jake feels better. Hate those allegeries...