Monday, May 3, 2010

So Busy.

I feel so behind. This weekend was so busy. We had lots of fun and lots to celebrate; but, when I'm not home, I feel like I lose control of my house.  I tried to get things organized today, but it was so beautiful outside. Jake and I spent a couple of hours in the sun cleaning the outside toys.
Despite the weekend craziness, Kate and I did knock out the graduation invites and announcements. I think I've mentioned before that we were disagreeing on the party plans. She wanted something small. Then she decided to invite 40+ people. That number plus just immediate family and a few close friends of ours now spells big party. I'm really trying not to stress.  We found a bakery this weekend that doesn't use high fructose corn syrup in their icing, so we are ordering petit fours from them. Kate wants palm trees on the petit fours. I got the paper products ordered today in her favorite colors...lime green and turquoise. I also planned Jake's birthday party for late June and ordered the favors for the treat bags. 

It's all coming along and now maybe I'll have time this week to work on my website. My new goal is to have it up and running by late June.

I took this cute shot at Gracie's First Communion on Saturday. Kate was the only missing cousin. I wish I had better luck getting Jake to smile!
Now to make this post even more random, I must share my Target excitement from today. I finished unloading my purchases and realized that a bunch were missing...big stuff! I was missing 2 movies (The Blindside and It's Complicated...in case you were wondering), Target brand Tylenol and Motrin (since the name brands are recalled right now), 3 t-shirts for Jake, and a bottle of vitamins. I called the store hoping the cashier had turned it in. I knew I had emptied my cart completely once I got to my car, so I was sure it must have been left in the store. No one had turned it in. They weren't willing to immediately replace everything since there were so many items. It was going to have to be reported to the regional powers at Target and investigated. I wasn't a happy camper. I was polite over the phone with customer service, but I did voice my displeasure. Well, it's a good thing I don't embarrass easily. I was on the phone with the customer service department when I located the bag in my car. Duh. It's not completely my fault. Jake had pulled the bag from the back area of the car onto the floor between the second row seats. I need to be more aware when I'm loading and unloading my car...and always remember that Jake moves quickly! ;)

Jake cracked us up tonight. Dan pulled a dvd out of the player and asked where the case was. Jake said, "There it is, silly!" That was a first.

I think Jake is cutting more teeth. Are there 3 year molars? I haven't googled it yet. He's been cranky, coughing a little bit, and very clingy.

Here are some shots from my George and Sam photo shoot from last week.
  After the shoot, we went to get burgers with the boys and Kathy, Em, Izzy, and my parents. You have to have a good sense of humor when you go out to eat with 4 little kids. Jake discovered vanilla shakes there. Fast food meals will never be the same.


I think Sam's face says it all in this shot. This was how I was feeling, too!
I think I set the record for longest, most random post.

4 comments:

  1. but I liked reading it :) (the longest most random post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target... I have done this too. Even calling the store. LOL, aren't we women a hoot?

    Love, love the palm tree theme! Sounds like so much fun. Don't stress, everyone will have a great time and you will have some great pictures!

    Love the shot of all the little kids. How fun is that> Love th shot of that very cool poppa too, Remember to breathe thru the next few weeks and enjoy every Moment of it. Love ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot you got at First Communion, Ang...thanks for grabbing that for me. I swear the day is a blur to me.

    Your Target story sounds like something I would do too (ha)...we all have days like that, girl! That reminds me to go to Target today to buy Its Complicated...that movie makes me laugh out loud.

    I love the shots of Sam and George...they are darling.

    I'm glad you are feeling better about graduation...it will all work out, Ang. Remember to take your deep Yoga breaths, my friend...it will all be perfect!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Target story is SO me...and I don't even have a Jake to blame it on!

    Love all those shots..your pics are just so fantastic. Love the one of you and Jman kissing!

    ReplyDelete