Sunday, May 23, 2010

Long Weekend, Long Nights

Jake has been so sick. He has a horrible cough and has been running a fever. We've had a quiet weekend at home, and it's felt really long. The nights are even longer...we aren't getting much sleep. I'm hopeful that tonight will be better. My fingers are crossed. My fingers are also crossed that I'll stay healthy. I have LOTS of people coming over Friday night for Kate's graduation party. I'm not even sure how many. Please God...keep me healthy this week!

Despite his sickness, I think Jake is well on his way to being potty trained. Being at home together all weekend has helped. I really needed to devote the time and attention to the process. He had no accidents on Friday and none today. Saturday wasn't as great, but he was also feeling pretty miserable. You won't believe how I got him to finally poop on the potty. Apparently all I needed to do was allow him to hold a few candles and promise to light them and let him blow them out when he finishes. What a silly kid.

Kate got her hair cut on Friday. She had been growing it out for graduation and couldn't wait to get it chopped off.  I was a little nervous that she would go too short, but I just love it! She does, too! It makes her look so grown up and professional.
I got a few more shots of the little guy on Friday before he got really sick.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, Girl!! These pictures are absolutely stunning! What is your secret?! LOL!! Hope Jake gets better and you all stay healthy! Good luck on the potty training!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all stays well for all of you this week. Parties are fun and you need to enjoy this one as well. Love, love Kate's hair - it is so cute! We had a grad party yesterday, graduation on Wednesday night and another party next Sunday. Forgot it was Memorial Day. Go potty training and stay well. Lets hope for a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he is doing better, Ang. I'm so glad he is doing so great with the potty training.

    Tell Kate her hair looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope today was a turn for the better....and I hope you stay well.

    Can't believe it took you so long to figure out the candle trick...isn't it suggested in EVERY parenting manual on potty training....LOL?!!!! Oh well...guess Jake has his own manual!!

    Love K's hair and love all the shots of J man...all sensational!

    Hope you're recovering from the lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete