On Thursday I went to Jake's school for his Mother's Day party. We brought flowers for Mary and placed them by her statue. I brought roses from my miniature pink rose bush.
After the flowers and a few songs including Rocking Baby Jesus (much improved version), we went inside for a snack that was prepared by the children.
Jake ate everything on the plate but the cheese. That he left for me.
After snack, I looked around the room for Colleen. He talks about her all the time. After school we ask him who he played with that day. He says, "I played ball with Colleen." He says this every single school day. I was pretty sure I knew which girl this was. I didn't see her. I saw her aunt and cousin and asked them if Colleen was sick and missed the party. Her aunt informed me that Colleen dropped out of preschool last October. OCTOBER!!!! Jake?? Seriously?? I am so confused. Apparently Jake is, too, or he has an imaginary friend named Colleen.
If you are wondering about my Rocking Baby Jesus reference, maybe you didn't see the Christmas video.
Send me an email to the address on the right side, and I'll hook you up.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is the funniest story, Angie. Jake is darling.
ReplyDeleteTrue Love is not bound by time...or cheese. It makes me laugh just to think about Rockin Baby Jesus - this is why we all love him so...
ReplyDeleteThis still cracks us up...he is such a hoot! We could eat this boy up! Carly wants to be in charge of him at Kate's graduation...she just adores him!
ReplyDeleteI loved your comment about the "much improved" version of rocking Baby Jesus....that gave me such a giggle!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun you have baby roses and that they are in bloom. We just got our first ONE....woo hoo for spring !