Jake did not want to go back to school this week. In fact, we had tears the night before. He asked me why he had to go. I told him that it was important that he play with other kids. I also told him that Mommy had work to do while he was gone. He said, "...but I won't bother you!" Actually it was more like "boder" than bother. Fortunately we had no tears Monday morning. When I picked him up, he had tears about leaving school and heading home! I just shook my head at that one.
I was so proud of him over the weekend. He was playing with a chalkboard and called me over to see his spider.
Finally...a picture that actually looks like something. I was so excited!
I also want to include a few pictures from New Years Eve. We were invited to a party, but we stayed home since my cold and cough were hanging on. Dan made a great dinner...beef tenderloin. I was happy to have this time with my kids.
Those are roasted tomatoes and goat cheese. So yummy!
Jake stayed busy with his iTouch.
I put up a pink background in the studio for some senior pictures that I shot over the weekend (will share soon). Every time I put pink up, Jake asks to pose.
Fortunately the shots can be converted.
I just love the look on his face and the torn knee!
I can't elaborate because my daughter will disown me, but let's just say that kids really do grow up once they go off to school. It's nice to be appreciated.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Ahhh...so GOOD to BE appreciated...! So glad you're at that point..I'm still the worst mother EVER!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that shot of the 3 of you!
It just takes a while for them to shake off those teenage years and grow up. It is a fun process to watch and the more they grow and appreciate, the better we get. It was hard to stick to our guns but in the long run, it was the right thing to do. Enjoy that boy and the pink as long as you can. Round 2 will be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better, Ang. Darling pics...tell Dan his feast looked yummy. I'm so glad you are being appreciated by your oldest baby....it is nice to know they come around! :)
ReplyDeletelove the picture of you with your kids - it looks like it was a wonderful family evening for you all :) and the food looks amazing!! my mouth is watering :)
ReplyDelete