It seems like we've been cheated here in the last few years. We just haven't been getting the snowfalls we use to get. This winter makes up for it. We are above average so far for the season, and I'm not complaining. I love that I've been able to get so many great snow shots. Jake has become a pro on Sissy's old sled. That sled is labeled with Katie W., so we know it's old. If it says "Katie", it's pre-2nd grade. It's one fast sled. We have two others, but this is the one we use because it flies!
We had a record snowfall with this snow...almost 9-12 inches. We got about 9.
Jake had trouble staying on his feet with this snow!
A few days after this big snow, we got a little bit more. I took Jake out to play without the camera this time. However, I wasn't completely unprepared. I had my iPhone and got these sweet shots.
Yesterday we picked up Izzy from school and headed back to Mama and Papa's house. It was Papa's birthday, and he was working from home. We thought it would be nice to spend some time with him on his birthday. It was nice to have a helper when I took the kids sledding in the neighbor's backyard. I spent years sledding on this hill when I was growing up. It's funny...it seemed much steeper when I was a kid! It really was perfect for Izzy and Jake.
Dad stood at the top with the video camera, and I stood at the bottom.
We can't seem to do anything together without a few tears.
In all fairness, Jake cried, too. They both wanted to be in the front of the sled.
Jake made his snow angel.
Before we went in, I had to have my turn!
I have lots more shots of the inside activities, but I"ll save that for tomorrow. :)
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























LOVE the pictures, Angie...especially the ones of Papa and the two little ones. PRICELESS!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jodi's comment...the ones of your dad with the kids are great! As for the tears, what would childhood be without DRAMA????? I'm just glad to be on the "laughing with" end rather than the "dealing with" end anymore.
ReplyDeleteSUPER FUN Angie - love all of these photos - reminds me of playing out in the snow with my brother when we were kids :) (everything seemed bigger, deeper, etc. back then too!) Glad to see you're enjoying the snow - I'm very much ready for spring-like weather.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have these to remind the kids of. On the years there is no snow, you can fill a winter afternoon with looking at pictures! Love Izzy's face and the ones with Papa, Jake and Izzy. Beautiful memories, my friend!
ReplyDeleteAll the shots are amazing..love the one with your dad and love seeing you in action! Love seeing "katie" too..so funny. I knew the story of the name change but seeing it in writing makes it "real"!!
ReplyDeleteOf course, I love to see your papa out there with the kids and you getting a turn on the sled, too, Angie. I realize I need to see photos likeb this in order for me to appreciate the snow. I can't help but be smiling seeing the little ones having so much fun. Great photography, as always. (Merr)
ReplyDelete