When I have a post with lots of randomness, I never know what to call it or where to begin.
I thought I would share some random favorites. First of all...the sandwich Jake asks for almost daily. This is the sandwich he wants in his lunch on school days. I offer other things, but he always wants a "circle sandwich".
I bought this great Pampered Chef sandwich sealer years ago for Kate. We use Arnold's wheat bread (no high fructose corn syrup), Jif peanut butter, and Smucker's all natural grape jelly.
Jake insists on helping with each sandwich. I just love the look on his face in the above shots and in the one below, too. He's so cute...I can't stand it!
I paid close attention when I spent time helping in his classroom last week. I thought it was a great idea that the teachers let the kids pour their own drinks. I thought I would start at home, too. We are also moving away from sippy cups. Ours are getting so old and starting to leak, so I thought this was a great time to start moving to a cup.
If you come by our house at around 4:30pm, Jake will offer you an "appletizer". He eats his veggies while Mommy is working on dinner. He loves to dip the veggies in "white ketchup". Don't tell him it's really ranch dressing!
Sometimes Mommy has to break out her favorite appletizer, too.
We picked Izzy up from school today. We had a great day because I reminded Jake and Izzy that Santa was watching. They played well together..they shared toys without too many battles. Because they played so well, I was able to knock out some baking and get some cookies in the freezer. Izzy asked if they could crack the eggs. I almost said no, but then I remembered that I'm laid back now that I'm an older boy mom. ;) Izzy took her time and just got one little piece of shell in the bowl.
I reached for a paper towel for her fingers and before I could lift my camera again, Jake did this.
He makes me laugh.
I use pasteurized eggs, so they both get a spoonful of the good stuff.
As I am sitting here typing this, we just heard on the news that there is a fire in a cafeteria at Kate's school. It's in the building right next to hers. I do know she's in her building and not there because I just got off the phone with her. Say a prayer that it is small and everyone is ok.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















Glad all is good and Kate is ok.
ReplyDeleteThe two hams seem to really like the camera and are working it just fine. You are right, that look on Jake's face is fabulous. Dont' ya just love this time of year? Will have to think of somethig else for January!
Hi face making his sandwich is PRICELESS....how sweet! I have that same sealer I use all the time for sandwiches.
ReplyDeleteI love Izzy's haircut!
I'm so glad the fire was small...how scary!