Friday, December 24, 2010

Gingerbread...

For as long as I can remember, Kate has done a gingerbread house during her Christmas break. I bought the house in hopes that she would still be interested...and she was. Even better than that was the fact that she wanted to include her brother this year. I loaded up on lots of fun candies at the end of the season last year.

I had everything set up by 11am. I didn't realize that Kate would be sleeping until 1pm! Bless Jake's heart...he kept himself entertained while he waited patiently.


When Sissy finally came downstairs, he was so excited to see her!
They worked well together. Kate didn't have a set plan this year because Jake was involved. She guided him, but she also let him do what he wanted to do.














Kate loves her brother!

Wednesday night we went caroling with some neighbors. I haven't caroled since Kate was in Brownies. I was so excited!! We plan on making this a new neighborhood tradition.  Thanks for the great idea, Ginny!
Jake was really into the singing. He stood up front at each door and belted out Jingle Bells and We Wish You a Merry Christmas just as loud as he could.  I was so proud of him!

We woke up to snow this morning. I love a White Christmas! Merry Christmas, my friends! I wish you peace, love, and joy...all the time. 

4 comments:

  1. Ah... the love of a brother and sister and gingerbread houses. What a wonderful memory you have made for them. Love the light candies.
    How fun the caroling must have been, love it!
    On our way to start the Countdown! Merry Christmas Angie, I love you so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry CHristmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Angie and family! Graham and I just spent a good chunk of time looking through this post - he was very curious about what Jake and Kate were up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay....you know when people say they spit their coffee/pop/beer/whatever on the screen...well i really did when i scrolled down and saw how jake was keeping himself busy waiting for kate to wake up....hilarious!! I so want to spend a day/week/month/year with that charmer!! hope you had a great christmas and i am hoping i didn't short out something on my laptop!! :) Kathie

    ps....the photos of jake and kate working together on the gingerbread house were so heartwarming!!

    ReplyDelete