Friday, December 3, 2010

Making Christmas Memories...

I spent some time in both Izzy and Jake's classrooms this week working on Advent Wreaths. Jake was very excited that they included candles.




He was having a not looking at the camera day.

We started one of our big Christmas traditions on December 1. Both kids always get a chocolate Advent calendar. I sent one to Kate in a care package, and Jake enjoyed his first bite. I wanted him to savor it for the shot, but by the time I got the camera he was finished.
Izzy spent 3 days with us this week. I brought out the Fisher Price manger and Santa for the kids and was pleasantly surprised by how much time they spent playing together without conflict.




Guess what I found at Trader Joe's?
I picked up two for Jake and Izzy. I cracked up when I first put the gingerbread men down in front of them.
Gingerbread definitely has a strong and unique aroma.

I lost track of how much candy they consumed during this little project. Let's just say it was a lot.
I started out as the icing squeezer, but we found out soon enough that they both could manage the handy bag of icing that came with each gingerbread man.
Jake wouldn't wear this button at Disney in June when it was given to him. He chose to wear it today instead. Go figure.










3 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house! Great memories indeed. Everything is covered this time of year with that Christmas glow even the looks on these two.

    So glad they have each other. Someday, you will get to listen to them as they remember these times and that is when you will understand how precious these times really were. You are a good woman...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, Ang. I love those gingerbread guys from Trader Joes...I'm going to have to make a Trader Joes trip now (ha)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - what fun :) LOVED the video - I'm fairly certain G would have refused to sing as well...

    ReplyDelete