Monday, December 20, 2010

Imagination...

I bet when your kid has a big box to play with they make a house or a rocket ship. My kid makes a sewer.
He had the sides folded just like this and asked me to grab the tape. I taped it where he asked, asked him what it was, and was very impressed when he said sewer. It really does look like one!
Then he asked me to loosen the tape so he could climb in his sewer.

I'm thinking a future as a civil engineer?

I'm that crazy mom that takes her kid to Walmart 5 days before Christmas and lets him buy a toy. I must say he was so good in the cart while I shopped.  He wanted Candy Land. I had visions of picking up piles of cards all over my family room and nixed that idea. I don't think he's ready for it anyway. ;)  I let him buy Hungry Hungry Hippos. He loves marbles, and the game involves lots of action. It's also something I knew he would enjoy playing alone.



Did you notice his face? He has fallen down the steps onto the wood floor twice this week...hitting the same cheek both times!!!  I don't understand it!  I guess he is just too fast, and I know he doesn't pay attention. Now Dan and I are insisting that he either hold our hand or come down on his butt. I told Dan that Jake takes 10 years off my life every time he falls down the steps. I can't take much more!
Jake was doing really well while we were playing the game, but he decided he didn't have enough marbles. He took matters into his own hands.


We took turns counting our marbles when the game was done.  Jake's counting went something like this...
"...6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 34, 45."
I thought it was pretty comical especially since he knows how to count to 20.
In addition to the game, Jake got another new toy today. What was I thinking? This one was suppose to go in his stocking. I bribed him with it. I was busy cleaning his room and closet today to make room for whatever Santa might bring. I needed cooperation, and the bribery worked. I gave him this cute fountain for the bathtub. It was such a hit. He loved it!



Kate comes home tomorrow night! We are so excited!!  She has her Calc 3 grade, and we are so proud of how well she's done. It's been a tough semester, and she really rocked it. She has 2 more finals tomorrow, and then she's finished. She's ready for a break, and we are more than ready to have her home. I'm looking forward to lots of fun together over the next few weeks.

5 comments:

  1. what fun to catch up here this morning - you guys have so many wonderful traditions!! LOVE the Hungry Hippos game - I always wanted one as a kid and I think it would be a perfect game for this age!! Santa might have to run out for just one more thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss playing Hungry Hippos...what precious photos, Ang. I love the fun he had with the box too...it doesn't take much, huh (ha)????

    Tell Kate congrats...I can't wait till she is home to be with all of you. See you in a few days. MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way that boy plays! The fountain is great...have to remember to pick one of those up!

    Go Kate....as one who fell off the wagon at Calc 2 I stand in awe of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the photos of Jake and his new toys are splendid to see, Angie! Enjoy the next days with Kate at home...what fun! (Merr)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hungry, Hungry hippos - that is the most fun game ever. And the sewer box just shows that he ia a genius! The fountain is fab, never have seen that before. Merry Christmas my friend, I hope you make some wonderful memories this year... and hold on to the rail!

    ReplyDelete