Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What's on your Christmas list?

Let me share Jake's list with you.

water gun
bubble wrap
iPhone
jingle bells like at school

This might be one of the craziest lists Santa has ever heard! Jake has a water gun. In fact, Jake has more than one water gun thanks to Aunt Kathy.  Jake gets bubble wrap all the time. He plays with Mommy's iPhone whenever he wants.  Jingle bells?  Right...like I need that in my house. I guess this is a boy who has too much already!!

We had Jake's school Christmas party this morning. His behavior was much improved from last year's party. He actually sang the songs and participated appropriately. I loved his reindeer ears. He loved his cookie...cookies!




This was Mommy's gift bag.

This was inside.
He also made this ornament for me earlier in the week in his Enrichment Class.

I love adding these treasures to the tree with the treasures that Kate made when she was little.

Jake has really been busy at school lately. Receiving a piece of art use to be a treat. Now he brings something home for me almost every day.

This evening the fire department brought Santa to our neighborhood. We saw him last year, so I didn't expect any issues this year with Jake. Was I ever wrong! I spent nearly 30 minutes trying to convince him to go with me to Church...Santa's stopping point.  He refused. We even had tears.  I decided just to let him wait outside for Santa to drive by.
He had a blast throwing snowballs at our house and garage.
We heard the sirens, but Santa and the firemen never came down our street. After waiting about 15 minutes in the freezing cold, I convinced him to hop in the car so we could head to Church to see what was going on. We got there during a lull in the activity. Jake was the only kid approaching Santa. One after another the firemen encouraged Jake to climb up on Santa's sleigh.
Jake refused over and over again. It then occurred to me what the problem was. Jake was worried that the sleigh would take off for the North Pole with him in it! I promised him that he wouldn't have to get in...we would just get close enough to talk to Santa.  Santa stood up and asked Jake his name. He gave Jake a high five and kept calling him "Big Jake".  He invited Jake up one more time, and Jake refused. Santa sure surprised Mommy when he said, "Then I'll come down to you!"

Santa asked Big Jake what he wanted for Christmas. He understood the part about the water gun, but Mommy had to clarify about the bubble wrap. Santa thought he meant a gun that blew bubbles.  Jake is now very happy that Mommy talked him into seeing Santa tonight!

I've been a busy scrapper lately. Here are a few things that I've been working on. All products used are available at DesignerDigitals.com.


3 comments:

  1. Ah...the lovliness of a Christmas and a little boy. It doesn't get my better than this. Love that Jake wants an iPhone, sure Santa will take care of that for him.
    Wonderful layouts my friend. You have surely got a firm grip on your mojo. Hope everyone is feeling better at the W home and stays that way for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so darn funny...what a priceless list! Tell Jake Aunt Kathy needs an iPhone before him (ha)!

    What darling pictures....I love homemade ornaments like that...my tree is full of them too.

    Your scrap pages look AMAZING, Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of sensation scrapping! I stand in awe!

    ReplyDelete