Saturday, December 4, 2010

Remember the Advent wreath...

Well...it is no more. Jake has managed to destroy it in less than one week. The candles were the problem. He couldn't resist taking them out to play with them.  I found them this evening.

I can't tell you how much this boy makes us laugh. Kate says that our house must have been very boring before Jake...and very quiet. He has brought so much joy.

Kate joined us for dinner tonight. As we were saying goodbye, I reminded her to drive carefully like I always do. Jake said, "Don't hit any trash cans."  The one time she did will probably be ingrained in his memory forever. He witnessed it, and he will not let her forget it.

I must apologize to any neighbors who might have been driving by at around 4pm today. That was my naked son standing on his window sills to pull down his shades. I am sorry for the flash. ;)  When I walked into his room, I asked him how his shades got closed. He said, "Don't worry about it." 

I'll be back with pictures of adorable baby Charlie tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. LMBO!!!!!!!!! Oh, Angie! I'm so happy you've got Jake! :) I love his advent shoe and the nudey flash reminds me of my boys. LOL! I totally LOLed at his comment about the trash can. Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a hoot! I can only envision him naked on the window sill...I am cracking up! The candles in the crocs are priceless! He has been a blessing for all of us! What a beautiful lo too, Ang....such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing about boys is that they are very pragmatic. It is the part of them that drives us crazy until we start to wish we girls could be that smart.

    He was totally meant to be yours. What a surprise he was and continues to be. Lucky Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh....this post made me SO happy....

    First off...I love the croc menorah...Jake was honoring Chanukah , can't you tell??

    Second that is my new fave lo!

    Third, "don't worry about it" had me ROFLMBO!!! Too freaking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete